Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Well, I guess November got by me! Oh well - on to my favorite time of the year...Christmas lights, Christmas trees, cookies, shopping, wrapping presents, etc.  You can't help but be in a good mood during this month. We got our tree up Thanksgiving weekend, and Maecy was mesmerized - she "checks in" a few times a day and likes to grab candy canes off the tree. I knew it would be impossible to enforce a "no touch" rule, so we are just trying to leave the "pretties" on the tree. So far, it is going pretty well!

 Checking out the Christmas lights!

I am also excited to see how much more she will enjoy Christmas this year with our family. My Grandma still has "Santa Claus" come to her house. The great grand kids get the biggest kick out of it. They sing songs and say their prayers before Santa hands out presents. I am anxious to see how Maecy does with this "stranger" because last year she was pretty much unaware of what was going on or who was even holding her...

Wow, she has changed A LOT in a year!

It has been hard to buy gifts for her this year...a couple outfits, a couple pairs of shoes, a few books...I think she is at a tough age where she isn't really into "baby toys" anymore, but she isn't quite ready for all that fun toddler stuff either.  Oh well, her toys of choice at the moment are a measuring cup and spoon. She just carries them as she does laps around our house. I swear the girl NEVER sits down! 

Measuring cup and spoon - all you need for fun!

 
 Under the table playing "peekaboo"



2 comments:

  1. I just love to read this and see her pix - you do a great job w/this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited to see how she does with Santa this year! I can't believe she is so big!! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete