Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving Thanks

I just realized that 2 weeks have gone by since that tearful Sunday night before I went back to work...and we have all survived. I dropped Maecy off on Monday and got back into my car before I could think about who I was leaving behind. I made it to school without a tear, but when I walked into the office at school and saw a couple of teachers giving me those "oh, it must be so hard" looks, I lost it. I told myself I wasn't going to think about it, which was easier said than done. Luckily, as the day went on, I got busy with work and before I knew it, it was 3:00 ( I may have left a little early that day).

Maecy is doing great at daycare - she loves watching the two little boys, and she is napping better for K than she is for Mom at home! Our nights have been a little rough. That first night home after daycare, Maecy was inconsolable until she finally wore herself out and fell asleep. All I could think was "This was not how I wanted to spend our two hours together."  I told myself she was just exhausted from her first day at daycare, and it will be better tomorrow. Unfortunately, the next four evening were a repeat of our Monday night, with Maecy crying and me trying to figure how to get  her to stop.  I felt completely inadequate as a mom. We have since turned a corner, and have had some great nights together!


We are getting into a routine and everyone is doing well as we begin the week of Thanksgiving - which of course means we will be throwing the routine out the window as we travel home! Oh well, it will be so good to be back at my mom's, and everyone in the family will finally get to meet Miss Maecy! :)

This year I am most thankful for the beautiful and healthy little girl that God has blessed us with. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment