Thursday, November 4, 2010

Here comes daycare...ready or not!

I have been a wreck the last week...my maternity leave ends Sunday night and Monday morning I start back to work, and Maecy starts daycare. I kept hoping that Steve would win the lottery and I wouldn't have to go back to work, but since that didn't happen, I guess I will be returning to the working world.

I have been mentally preparing myself this week for that inevitable Monday morning. I brought Maecy to daycare for a few hours a couple times this week. Once in the afternoon because I had a meeting to go to (yes - a work meeting while on maternity leave...I know!) and once in the morning so that I could make sure we could actually get out of the house before 10.  Both days were a success for two reasons -  I didn't cry when I left her, and she slept the whole time I was gone!

I have also prepared my work area for my departure from my new little bundle of joy. I have loaded my favorite picture of the moment on the desktop of my work computer and I have purchased a picture frame to fill with her photos for my desk. I am wondering if this will have the opposite effect initially, though, and instead I will not be able to get my mind off of her. I am hoping I will be too busy trying to catch myself up on the goings-on of the last 8 weeks. Either way, it will be nice to have her smiling face right there in front of me.



So ready or not, here we go - me to work, and Maecy to daycare...wish us luck!

1 comment: